Sallyport Global Public Safety GIS Market Maker in Virginia Beach, Virginia
WHO WE ARE
Michael Baker International is a global leader in Engineering, Architecture and Consulting services dedicated to developing and implementing innovative solutions to the world’s infrastructure and environmental challenges. Supported by more than 6,000 employees in 90 offices worldwide, we provide a full continuum of life-cycle engineering consulting, specialized global construction, base operations, Green Infrastructure, security management and intelligence solutions.
We are a national leader in implementing straightforward approaches to development and deployment of scalable enterprise Geospatial Information Technology (GIT) solutions. Michael Baker International has differentiated itself and expanded its capabilities by using the latest technologies. For example, we use aerial, static and mobile Light Detection and Ranging (LiDAR) systems that accurately determine range, elevation, and other critical mapping data. With hundreds of Geographic Information Systems (GIS), survey, mapping and IT professionals in our Technology Practice across North America, Michael Baker International possesses in-house experience and resources to support all elements of your program needs, including: needs analysis, digitizing/data conversion, customized mapping applications, and systems documentation, implementation, and training.
Michael Baker International is seeking a qualified Public Safety GIS Market Maker to join the Michael Baker Public Safety Team. This is an opportunity to work within a dynamic and growing industry and with one of the leading NG9-1-1 GIS solutions and services firms. We are building a technical and sales minded team of people who desire being part of a dynamic unit delivering Public Safety solutions for local governments.
Under the direction of a regional team lead, responsible for developing client leads and building relationships related to NG9-1-1 and GIS. Collaborate with data Quality Assurance team members performing client technical briefings, presentations, analyses and other forms of communication with clients. Support project managers in executing and/or reviewing marketing data deliverables. Work with the product manager on any updates to data processing solutions or identifying bugs. Day to day technical problem solving with both clients and internal program staff on NG9-1-1 GIS project deliverables. The role will provide customer support for the regional teams in a defined geographic area. Responsible for basic understanding of the DataMark product suite including services and software pricing and GIS data needs of NG9-1-1 systems.
· Connect/cross market other discipline services
· Support other disciplines that have existing client relationships and leverages those relationships in search of growth opportunities
· Assist in developing and maintaining client relationships, as well as strategic pursuit of planning, stakeholder outreach, proposal development and project management execution for project delivery as may be warranted
· Provide client deliverables in a timely manner
· Maintain a strong foundation of technical knowledge and develop knowledge of internal and external technical resources
· Participate in 911/GIS industry groups (NENA and URISA) as a committee member, workshop instructor and/or speaker at conference events. Participate in other visible industry roles to maintain a high profile. Attend major conferences such as NENA, APCO, ESRI UC, and statewide and regional GIS groups as needed
· Identify potential business development opportunities that are professionally challenging; bring recognition to Michael Baker on a local and regional basis; recruit and attract individuals to the firm and help build careers. Serve as technical and career mentor to existing and future Public Safety and GIS staff.
· Provide exemplary leadership and serve as a role model for others
· Develop client leads and prepare project proposals and contracts in cooperation with regional leads
· Assist clients with possible funding and procurement options
· Demonstrate ability to meet sales quotas
· Provide limited technical support regarding geospatial data and use of DataMark products
· Effectively communicate with clients regarding data needs, priorities and on support matters
· Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Geography/GIS, Science, Engineering, Public Safety, Public Safety Answering Points, Information Management, Computer Science or relevant field
· Demonstrated experience in understanding client needs related to 9-1-1 operations and the ability to offer solutions that meet client needs yet are consistent with NG9-1-1 requirements
· Minimum of 3-5 years professional experience in 9-1-1, E9-1-1 and NG9-1-1 systems including CAD systems
· Expert understanding of Public Safety and related data sets
· Strong analytical abilities, solid analytical and trouble-shooting skills with the ability to quickly identify and solve client issues
· Naturally, you’ll need computer skills (Microsoft Office), and be proficient with GIS and data processing software, especially the Esri ArcGIS suite of products
· Highly proficient in the operational workflows involved in 9-1-1, E9-1-1 and NG9-1-1 centers, the data required and Computer Aided Dispatch (CAD) systems
· Outstanding written and oral communication skills
· Exceptional customer service orientation
· Ability to translate technical concepts into layman’s terms
· Ability to coordinate with project stakeholders
· Ability to multi-task
· GISP and ENP certifications are preferred
· Experience with relational databases (SQL Server, Oracle, Microsoft Access), and Esri ArcGIS extensions is desired
· Experience with ArcGIS Online and Portal is a strong plus
Title: Public Safety GIS Market Maker
Location: VA-Virginia Beach
Requisition ID: 180994