McKean Defense Industrial Security Manager in Virginia Beach, Virginia
Tracking Code 2730-317 Job Description
McKean Defense is an employee owned Naval Life Cycle Management, Engineering, Enterprise Transformation and Program Management business headquartered in Philadelphia, PA. McKean’s engineers, developers, technical staff, programmers, analysts, and program managers identify and deploy new shipboard technologies, integrate information technology across shipboard platforms, and develop strategies to support the Warfighter. McKean’s employees create strategic solutions to help customers reach new levels of mission support and transform their organizations.
Industrial Security Manager performs a wide range of analytical, planning advisory, operational and evaluative security functions which in the aggregate contribute to the protection of Navy Regional Maintenance Center information, personnel, property, facilities, material and operations in areas of industrial, physical, personnel, and information security.
- Analyze guidelines, case studies and real life situations to propose regulatory or procedural changes that require command instructions or procedures to be reviewed and up dated.
- Apply security procedures, concepts and methodologies in carrying out assignments.
- Research security issues and compile incident and metric reports which are used to brief senior management on program issues and trends.
- Act as Trusted Agent for Contractors security passes and oversee contractor Common Access Card (CAC), Naval Shipyard Badge, Building Access Badge and Ship Access request issuance and badging procedures, for Prime contractor and their sub-contractors working under Navy Contract in NRMC offices in various sites INCONUS and various sites out of the US.
- Use various government websites such as Defense Security Services (JPAS), Trusted Associate Sponsorship System (TASS), Ship Visitor Request (SHVR) and Consolidated Law Enforcement Operations Center (CLEOC).
- Serve as the Top Secret Control Officer establish and maintain procedures for special handling of collateral information where limited access is directed.
- Conduct frequent inspections of NRMC activity areas to insure proper handling and storage of classified materials.
- Submit and receive security clearance information from other government agencies and contractors and maintain appropriate records.
- Manage the receipt, storage, transfer and destruction of classified material.
- Conduct frequent inspections to insure the proper physical security safeguards are maintained and the NRMC personnel are fully aware of such requirements.
- Establish and maintain a visitor request control program and access control to insure that only authorized personnel are admitted to NRMC facilities.
- Assist with the adjudication of security clearance requests.
Must have a security clearance that has been active within the past 24 months. Required Experience
5+ years experience as a Security Specialist supporting DOD clients, Navy Preferred.
- Former DOD (especially Navy) experience highly desired (military or civilian).
- Understanding of Government security related websites and databases is a must.
- Must have a security clearance that has been active within the past 24 months.
Equal Opportunity Employer–minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity.
McKean Defense is an E-Verify company.
Job Location Virginia Beach, Virginia, United States Position Type Full-Time/Regular
Tracking Code: 2730-317
Job Location: Virginia Beach, Virginia, United States
Position Type: Full-Time/Regular