L3 Technologies ENG TECH V- (Submarine Towed Array) in Norfolk, Virginia
ENG TECH V- (Submarine Towed Array)
1) Provide non-routine and complex onboard and distance technical assistance and support to evaluate, troubleshoot, test, repair, and/or provide technical oversight and guidance to correct equipment deficiencies of the TA/TAHS equipment in operational submarines as scheduled.
2) Provide non-routine and complex technical support for towed array on-load/off-load evolutions.
3) Perform TB-16 stowage tube and/or OA-9070 Series, OK-634, and OK-542/A guide tube inspections as scheduled.
4) Provide telephone, e-mail, chat, and naval message distance support for deployed and local submarines in technical and logistic support matters associated with TA/TAHS equipment.
5) Provide onboard maintenance training to ship’s force personnel during technical assistance visits to improve proficiency in operation and maintenance of TA/TAHS equipment towed systems.
6) Provide a written TAVR and TAVR worksheet data upon completion of FTA support. Enter FTA/maintenance data into STAARS, RMAIS, other databases, and status reports.
7) Other industrial work in support of technical assists as directed.
8) Review and assess TAVR, CASREP, 2-Kilo, part usage, STAARS/STRIPES, FTA, and maintenance data. Provide waterfront input and technical support in identification, analysis, root cause determination, and resolution for OOCs, failures, and/or trends. Formulate actionable data and recommendations in support of Fleet, SUBLANT, SUBPAC, Squadron, and ship’s force.
9) Investigate and perform maintenance and maintainability investigations/assessments, generate reports/point papers/briefs including recommendations for problem resolution and/or product improvements in support of SubCOMA, RMA, TMA/TMI, TSP, and other Fleet/TYCOM activities or meetings.
10) Provide engineering, technical, and logistics support for TYCOM Force ST towed system working group meetings, Senior ST conference, and similar. Includes preparation and development of briefs, presentations, on-site preparation and participation, and follow-up activities including tracking and accomplishment of action items.
This position is located at MARMC - LF 18 in Norfolk, VA. Security Clearance required. Yes (Secret).This position requires an ACTIVE DOD Secret clearance at time of hire.
Minimum of ten (10) years of experience of onboard Submarine Towed Array and Towed Array Handling operating Systems for Los Angeles (688/688I) Class Systems, Virginia (774) Class Systems, Seawolf (21) Class and SSGN Class Systems as a Qualified NAVSEA representative. Must be able to accomplishinstallation, troubleshooting/evaluations, testing , on-loading/offloading, training/instruction and corrective action/repairs of the followingsystems: OA-9070/BQQ, OA-9070A/BQQ, OA-9070B/BQQ, OA-9070E/BQQ, OK-634, OK-276, OK-276A, OK-276CB/C/T and OK-418 handling systems and associated hydraulic and electronic equipment, also to include the TB-23/BQ, TB-29/BQ, TB-29A/BQ, TB-33/BQ, TB-34/BQ and TB-16 series(B-G) towed arrays. OK-542, OK-542A, OK-634 and Hydraulic Filter Rigs. Must have experience supporting submarine Total Ship Readiness Assessments.
Equal Opportunity Employer – minorities / females / veterans / individuals with disabilities / sexual orientation / gender identity.
Primary Location USA-Virginia-Norfolk
US Security Clearance Required: Secret
Shift: Day - 1st
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time
Organization: Division - Unidyne-20000010
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Job Posting: Mar 28, 2018, 10:56:08 AM
Req ID: 097253