Continental Corporation Quality Technician in Newport News, Virginia
About Continental With sales of €40.5 billion in 2016, Continental is among the leading automotive suppliers worldwide and currently employs more than 230,000 employees in 56 countries. In the Powertrain Division we integrate innovative and efﬁcient powertrain system solutions from today and tomorrow for vehicles of all categories. Within the vision of Clean Power, our products make driving not only more affordable and environmentally friendly, but also more comfortable and enjoyable. We offer our customers a comprehensive selection of products ranging from gasoline and diesel injection systems, turbochargers, engine management and transmission control systems to sensors and actuators. Exhaust aftertreatment, fuel supply systems as well as systems and components for hybrid and electric drives complete our portfolio. There are two main impulses for the advancement of drive technologies: Firstly, active climate protection, in particular the reduction of CO2 emissions and exhaust gases. And secondly, the increasing need for individual mobility, which results in various requirements for vehicles and drive systems. The Powertrain Division has more than 35,400 employees working at 54 locations in 19 countries.
Auto req ID 87518BR
Job Title Quality Technician
Country United States
Posting Location Newport News, VA
• Lead containment activities of suspect materials.
• Perform sort/rework activities on nonconforming materials.
• Analysis of suspect materials.
• Track supplierrelated MIR through to completion with signatures (disposition UAI, RTV, rework, etc.)
• Keep records and compile SQM SPrelated data. (Incidents, 8D status, sort/rework time, CI activities, etc.)
• Support SQM Pro and Pro CI with new product launch to meet project schedule and to satisfy project supplier quality deliverables.
• Provide APQP support in supplier progress tracking and in the review of supplier component deliverables.
• Coordinate component measurements with FOTs, Csamples and PPAP submissions.
• Provide assistance to NPN Metrology Lab as required to support requirements of PLNA
• Learn Continental Supplier Management requirements
• Communicate with internal and external team members
• HS Diploma
• 3+ years quality experience in a manufacturing background
• SAP knowledge
• Basic knowledge of GD&T
• Understanding of basic metrology
• Intermediate Computer skills
EEO / AA / Disabled / Protected Veteran Employer. Continental offers equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals, without regard to unlawful consideration to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, age, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law. In addition, as a federal contractor, Continental complies with government regulations, including affirmative action responsibilities, where they apply. To be considered, you must apply for a specific position for which Continental has a current posted job opening. Qualifying applications will be considered only for the specific opening(s) to which you apply. If you would like to be considered for additional or future job openings, we encourage you to reapply for other opportunities as they become available. Further, Continental provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with a disability. If you need assistance in the application process, please reply to North.America.Recruiting@continental-corporation.com or contact US Recruiting at 248.209.4000.
Division Footer Text Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.