Atlas Technologies, Inc Network Technician in Chesapeake, Virginia
We currently have opening for a Network Technician located in Chesapeake, VA.
*Network Technician * – Atlas Technologies, a rapidly expanding company supporting the US Military and other Government entities, is seeking a passionate, flexible, highly motivated team player to join our group of Information Technology professionals. If you are comfortable in intense fast paced environments, can think on your feet, excel in team-based collaborative efforts, and can tolerate visiting some of the most exotic locations in the world then this may be the right fit for you. In this role you will serve as an Installation Engineer and Subject Matter Expert (SME) in support of Microsoft Enterprise Domain environments, Red Hat Linux servers, VMWare ESX / VSphere software, and Cisco Firewalls, Routers, Switches and ISE. Successful candidate(s) will work and collaborate in a multivendor environment with Industry and Government counterparts to load, configure and troubleshoot system and software issues for our Government customers.
Essential duties include but are not limited to:
- Provides Tier II/III support to operational units worldwide.
- Performs configuration and troubleshooting of network systems.
- Performs QA on the provision of services and submission of documentation to ensure required Quality of Service is maintained.
- Provides on-site technical assistance to U.S. Government customers.
* Position Requirements:*
- Must be a US Citizen.
- Must have a minimum of a Department of Defense (DoD) Secret level Security Clearance or be able to obtain an interim security clearance prior to hire date. Must have and maintain eligibility for increased personnel security clearance levels and/or Special Access Programs (SAP).
- Must have current US Passport or ability to obtain within 45 days.
- Must be able to travel up to 40%.
- CompTIA Security+CE Certification -AND-
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) -OR-
- Comptia Linux + -AND-
- Microsoft Certified Systems Associate (MCSA)-PLUS-
- 3 – 5 years’ experience as a Systems Admin/Field Engineer/System Analyst
- Intermediate Knowledge in VMware ESX and vSphere
- Proficient in network configuration with Cisco Products
- Firewalls, Routers, L2/L3 Switches, Identity Services Engine (ISE)
- TCP/IP and common protocols such as FTP, SSH, SMTP, DNS, SNMP, NTP
- RADIUS / AAA
- Intermediate knowledge in RedHat/Linux
- Basic knowledge with installation and maintenance of network cabling
- Ability to perform software installations, including configuration and troubleshooting
- Ability to problem solve efficiently and quickly.
- Ability to organize and assign appropriate priorities to work assignments based upon situational pressures
- Ability to multi-task as situational events arise
- Self-starter exhibiting personal initiative and team spirit
- Preference of a 2 / 4 year degree in a related major (Engineering, IT, Computer Science)
- Routing and Switching (Cisco preferred)
- Systems Administration (Microsoft/Linux+)
- CANES/ISNS/ADNS/CENTRIXS-M/COMSEC/VM Ware
Atlas Technologies, Inc. is an innovative provider of leading edge Information Technology (IT) solutions to Government and industry partners. Our primary focus and experience covers network integration, cybersecurity, software development, engineering, and management.
Atlas takes pride in our highly experienced and driven employees who share our Core Values and our Vision of merging technology with integrity to create a positive impact for our clients, community and country.
Atlas offers a highly competitive salary and benefits package including: Medical/Dental/Vision, Life & Disability Insurance, Vacation/Sick/Holidays, 401k, Education Assistance, Charitable Matching, Pet Insurance, Flex Time, Employee Recognition and Ancillary Benefits.
Atlas is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, disability or protected veteran status. Visit our careers site to apply and join our growing team of professionals. Visit us onFacebook andGlassdoor to learn more about Atlas.
EEO is the Law Poster Pay Transparency Disability Rights
Department: Enterprise IT
Location: Chesapeake, VA